Friday, August 30, 2013

Buddhism

I have been turning to Buddhism a lot recently. Not to follow in every little way, but very much as an overall sense. A guidance.

I do not want to choose branches (Theravada? Mahayana?) but I do believe in the four noble truths (don't just read the basic words, but rather what they mean, or they can most definitely be interpreted wrong).

I cherry pick with philosophies and theologies, and tend to find a lot of things I like in Buddhism.

But really, even beyond that I like more than a strict ideology. I think the 14th Dalai Lama said it best:

This is my simple religion. No need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple. The philosophy is kindness.

&&

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

I am working to find my own inner peace and work further to be kinder to others in my life. I know I most definitely haven't been the best.

Some may roll their eyes at this post. Whether it's because you are cynical with the turn toward Buddhism recently, the choice of it being Buddhism, the use of quotes I find absolutely lovely, or that I am encountering some sort of version of an Eat, Pray, Love spinoff.

But, that's okay. I'll still go ahead anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment