Thursday, May 30, 2013

For Christina

I don't feel like I should post a plethora of happy meaningless pictures right now, because I want to dedicate this post to a girl I knew at Cal Poly named Christina.

We met in a first quarter chemistry class, sitting next to each other. She had a fun partner whereas mine was borderline insane. But we all talked and Christina (plus labmate) helped me get through the menial tasks of general chemistry.

A couple of years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away this past Saturday. But the last thing she would ever want is for someone to feel the least bit sorry for her. She was an engineer, musician, artist, wife, and daughter. 

I always admired her mind, because the photos she took and the pictures she drew were unlike anything else I had ever seen. It was as if she saw the world entirely different through those spectacles of hers. 

So, this is for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment