Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just One Second

I wish I would just get going and download some of the music I wish to share on this blog with you. It just doesn't seem fair to post up a YouTube video and call it a day. So, I suppose a lot of that will be going on in the immediate future (downloading, not video sharing).

I find it interesting how you'll enter moments in life that call for major self-reflection. This past year+ I seem to be doing a lot of that. Throughout, I have learned a lot of lessons.
  1. People will not always like you - no matter how much you work at it, plead, cater, whatever. 
  2. I am not much of a person to believe in 'fate' because, well, it's that little voice of realism that continually sticks with me. However, in past few months, I've noticed quite a few things that have challenged that. People, situations. Hence why I am taking such a different path in life than I thought, and so lucky to recently have made the friends that I have.
  3. It's okay to get lost for awhile, but don't just sit there and hide from navigating your way to who you want to be.
  4. I love California.
  5. Get off your rear and do something. I all too often remained at home throughout college. Now, every opportunity that I get, I am off to go do something and see someone. Similar to that whole 'fate' thing.


I was going to put a Broken Bells song up for you today, as I sat here listening to it and typing. But this oldie but goodie that continually gives me a sense of euphoria (and yet nostalgia) is what I will introduce to you instead.

It's called Just One Second by London Elektricity. The title of this blog is based off of it. Every time I listen to it I think of the mornings I spent in San Francisco looking at the puffy white clouds lifting off of the smoke stacks as the sun came up. It was a daily experience as I was driven to school in the early mornings where the cool air would wake you up and squeal in excitement as the heater would finally kick in and blast in the car. 



--> Too much writing. I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment