Monday, May 21, 2012

Get Going

I really shouldn't blog before bedtime. As juvenile as that comes across, I am now utterly exhausted from a semi-sleepless night. But, I suppose it's good that I feel excitement for the future of this and many other things.

Going on from over the weekend, the birthday girl and I made some delicious homemade lemon curd and lemon/honey/chamomile cookies to go with our specialty teas (mine being Green Goddess) from the Secret Garden. I'll miss you so, you delicious little tea store, you.

I suppose I should start getting off my rear end to take some non-instagram photos - but this is just really convenient when you're balancing a million things and don't remember to take your camera EVERYWHERE. No excuses though...

The eclipse yesterday was radical, yes?

Anyway, this song is Get Going by Headlights. It's been a terrific element on the thesis writing/defense preparing playlist. I found it from the Madewell Denim Tour playlist. The soft guitar and odd humming noise at the introduction of the song keep me relaxed. It reminds me of just rolling down the car windows and taking a really lazy drive around in the warm sun. Oh California, how you influence the way I think. Anyway, here it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment